Sunday, June 19, 2011

Limbo.

Well, world...today means 41 days left (but who's counting) and what an adventure it has been. I find myself in the middle in so many aspects, mainly homesick for my younger days but so excited and anxious to just grow up already! But if I've learned anything this past year, it's that we will always be waiting for something or another...be it school to end or start, to get or quit a job, or to get engaged or have it be over already (this one's me). I've learned a valuable lesson so listen up so you don't have to go through the same drudgery.

JUST BE HAPPY.


A date on the calendar won't change your attitude. Waiting for time to speed up never works, and you almost always end up being more impatient and irritated anyway. Just be happy where you are with whoever you're with and through whatever ridiculous task or long, boring chunk of time you happen you find yourself in. It's much easier (and less stressful) if you just give up the impatience and just try to be happy no matter what you're doing. I must confess I am extremely bad at that. I'm hoping that since I've told all of you publicly I'll feel obligated to take my own advice. We'll see how that works.

With that in mind, I'm proud to report the planning is still going smoothly and I'm happier than ever. Lots to think about, lots to do, lots to think about thinking about...ai de mi. It's all coming together, though. It's crazy to think how so many experiences earlier in my life have helped me prepare for the experiences I'm going through now. I always thought that God must love jigsaw puzzles because it's always been my experience that it all works out in the end. And if it's not okay, it's not the end. Funny how that works.

Until next time.♥

2 comments:

  1. "...if it's not okay, it's not the end." Faith in a nutshell. Thanks, Anna. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shnook, you are so wise for one so young ;-) Just wait until you're 10 days away from the due date of your first child, then you'll know a thing or two about being impatient! Trust me, it's torture, but you're right: being happy in this state is more important than being irritated and impatient!

    ReplyDelete