Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yes, I broke down and started a blog. My inspiration was my sister Jessica Belnap, who is expecting a baby boy in 4 weeks. From what Jessica tells me via her blog, he is going to fit in just fine with the Belnap clan. Sounds like he kicks his feet against the pricks a little bit already, which is so typical of me and my siblings! Nonetheless, I'm excited to see him soon and tickle his little feet!

What would you even write in a first post? My life's story? Don't worry, I'll spare you. The biggest event in my life right now is that I am getting HITCHED in 57 days 15 hours and some odd minutes. It's an extremely weird feeling to think that I will be sharing absolutely everything with another human being. I am sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world to love and be loved by my fiance. He is the first and last thing I think about each day.

Planning has been surprisingly smooth. I was fully prepared to kick my heels against the pricks myself at some point during this adventure. I have been spared of any such need thus far, however. My mom doesn't seem surprised though. She has said more than once that "if it's supposed to happen, it will happen," meaning the ease of planning this whole ordeal is a good sign that I'm making a good decision. The funny part is I didn't need that sign. I already knew.

Aside from wedding stuff, I've learned a great deal about myself after being in college for two years. Here's a list, which I hope will entertain you at least a tiny bit.
I'm terrible with money. Where does it all go?!?
I hate cleaning, unless I'm already doing it. Then I can't stop.
I love cooking. I'm just like my dad; I make a meal up and I don't ever write down what I put in it. Drives my mom nuts.
I love time period movies, especially Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, laugh it up.
I'm sooo stubborn. Sorry Jeff.
I've eased up on my music obsession. I actually can't even listen to it while I study now. In high school I was constantly listening to something. Sometimes silence is nice.
I hate The Aeneid by Virgil. Sorry, Bro. Thompson. This means I hate your class. Maybe you should teach world civilization like you're supposed to and I wouldn't hate an important piece of classic Roman literature.

Among a thousand other things, I think the most important thing I've learned is the importance of family. Strange how mine has grown closer now that we've all moved away. I love them all so much. I'm doubly excited to gain another family at the end of July! I'm proud to say that learning to love them won't be hard. They are all WONDERFUL. I just can't resist saying one last time that I really am the luckiest girl in the world.

Don't count on me to be extremely consistent with this whole blogging thing, but I'll try. Bye for now, kids.

7 comments:

  1. I love the title of your blog, its my favorite quote! also this made me laugh a lot..haha where does your money go? food! and online shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baaaaahaaaa! You have entered the realm of couples blogging. I love it. I am laughing at you but I am also really excited that I get to read about what you are up to. I won't have to miss all your funny jokes! I can pretty much hear your voice and remember your personality as I read. Um...you rock. I will always miss living with you. I hope that one day I will have the guts to enter into the couple blogging realm as well. ; ) I just love you to death thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does my picture say about me?!

    Oh well, I will take this opportunity to tell you that I think that your photos are amazing. You are a little hottie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. baha Karen i love you. get in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you joined the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it worries me that morgans last post was removed by the author....morgan, what did you say??

    ReplyDelete